Hurricane season is such a problem that is being faced by several places every year at least once, twice or even more times. Controlling the hurricane season is not in our hand, but the thing we can do is build some precautions that will help us from getting rid of the problems and the destruction we face during the hurricane season.
Here is the list of precautions, which will help you in Hurricane Seasons-
- The first precaution you should take during a hurricane is to make yourself away from the areas where there are high chances of getting floods.
- Whenever there’s a hurricane in your area, try to stay safe inside your home. This is because you must be knowing that whenever there’s a hurricane, high flowing winds start blowing up, which have such power that can blow you up from your place to another.
- In such cases your home is also not correctly safe, if you want to make your home more reliable place to stay during a hurricane season is to install impact windows in your home, with the help of which the high impact of hurricane would be highly absorbed, and the overall effect will be decreased to a meagre extent.
- Take proper care of the emergency warnings that take place during the hurricane. You should follow the instructions properly whatever they say. If they even tell you to leave your place, then do it as soon as possible.
- When the hurricane is over, then don’t move out immediately. Try to stay inside the shelter or your home until and unless it’s not properly safe to move out.
- When it’s safe to move out, then find out if someone is injured or not and if there is someone who is injured, then try to help them. Take them to the hospital.
- Have a look at various areas around you where flooding can take place, because if there are such areas then try to evacuate from that place and move to a bit higher place, where you would have no danger at all.
- In many cases, it’s seen that after a hurricane all the tap and drinking water is not safe for drinking. It is advised that not to drink tap water until and unless you don’t get a proper recommendation to do so.
These were some of the most important precautions you should take during and after a hurricane. Several lives have been saved till now with the help of these above-listed precautions.